Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Baby update, belly pics & creative projects

Okay, so I thought I would take a little break from packing for Bus Convention & post something on here. Even though I love to take pictures, I very rarely allow myself to get in front of the camera (I know, something that I need to work on). Anyhow... it seems like that gets even worse when I'm pregnant. Consequently, I have very few pictures of myself while pregnant. Because I've been wanting to do a comparison photo from how looked during the last pregnancy, vs. this one, I finally broke down & allowed myself to be photographed. Here are the results:



36 weeks with Ryleigh



37 weeks with Baby #2

This pregnancy has been so different than the last one. Some things have been good (i.e., less puking, less weight gained) & some not so good (i.e., more aches & pains, more painful Braxton-Hicks contractions, etc.). Over all, I think that I have felt much better during this pregnancy than I did with the last. It has also seemed to fly by much faster than the last (one of the benefits of having a toddler ;-).

Lish decided to have a 'belly picture' taken, too! ;-)



As of my doctor's appointment, yesterday, things are about the same babywise. Blood pressure is borderline, but still okay. Arlie is really trying to keep an eye on it & says that if, by my next appointment, things start to change for the worse, we'll talk about inducing sometime next week. Mom & Dad are planning to fly in on the 13th, so I'm greatly looking forward to having them here with us for a few weeks!



While visiting the Street of Shops, last week, Lish saw a sign that she really
liked & asked me to see if I could duplicate it. Even though I used the same saying & basic shape, I added my own touches to it & this was the result. I think Lish really liked it & I'm thinking about doing one for myself, now.



I've also been experimenting with making my own gift bags, lately.
This is my latest attempt (along with the gift tag).
I played around with altering canvases for Christmas this year. When I packed them away for next year, I decided that I wanted to try to make some for year-round use. So far, I've only made this one.

9 comments:

Annette said...

I hope that all goes well for you and the new baby that is coming. I am so happy for you guys!

Myranda said...

First of all - you look beautiful! Love the shirt with the black skirt. Great pic.

Also, LOVE the creativity! You are talented...show us more!!!

8-)

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

You're looking great, Shari. I had Arlie, too, and she was great! Will be anxious to hear when that little one arrives.

Live, Love, Laugh always!!! :) said...

You guys are very creative, hope all goes well!!! Very nice projects:)

Beth Stetler said...

Your cards and projects are beautiful! Loved all the belly pics, especially Alicia's. :-)

Brenda said...

Good one of Lish. I got a good laugh out of it. I think you look better this time around than you did with Ryliegh. Can't wait til the baby gets here.

Springer Family said...

Great pics! I totally understand the not wanting pics of yourself! I keep thinking I should post some but -- then I never do!! =) Great one of Lish too, btw. =) We'll be waiting the news!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Shari:
We are praying for you as you are close to your baby boy's arrival. You look radiant. Lish too. How is Jeff looking? lol
Make sure your mom calls us when baby boy Stratton arrives.

Love and hugs to you all,
Aunt Barb

mama2ryleigh said...

Don't worry, Aunt Barb - you guys are on our list of people to call! I'll also have someone post info & pictures on the blog as soon as possible after the baby is born.

By the way, Jeff is looking great - although not nearly as big & uncomfortable as me! :-) lol

Shari