Sunday, August 31, 2008

Wedding Photos - Part 2 + Commentary

Okay. Sorry about the lack of commentary on the first batch of photos. I was uploading them to the blog as I edited them & I ran out of time to put captions under each photo. However, I think most of them are pretty self-explanatory.

The wedding went very well. Thanks to every one of you who prayed for me, I felt much less stressed than I thought I would. I was able to get behind my camera & forget about everything except capturing the events of the day. That being said, there are some lessons that I learned & a few things I would do differently if I were to have it to do over. For example, post-ceremony shots didn't go quite as smoothly/efficiently as I had hoped, putting us behind schedule. But... considering my inexperience, I think it went as well as could be expected.


Daniel Walter & Ryleigh Stratton

I know I'm completely biased, but Ryleigh was simply the cutest flower girl ever. ;-) To put it mildly, she was the evening's entertainment. She practically pulled Daniel down the aisle, bouncing along & humming some unknown tune to herself. Then, as soon as she got up to the front, she went & got candy from Mandy & made a show of popping it into her mouth. After standing there for only a minute or two, she went over & sat down on a small pew nearby. There must have been some books there because several people heard her say "Look - a book!". She & Daniel sat there looking at books pretty much the rest of the ceremony. When it was time to go back down the aisle, she started down & then realized that she had forgotten her books, so she shoved her flowers into Daniel's hands & went back for the books. ;-) She had no idea that she was being so amusing - she was just having fun playing with Daniel. She fell asleep just moments after we left the reception, but she woke up later when we were putting her to bed & said "I wanna be a fwower gore tomorrow!"


Ryleigh's flowers

Aytha Stevens (Martha's sister) getting Daniel all fixed up.
Ryleigh was so excited when Daniel finally arrived & could hardly wait for him to get ready so they could play together.

Martha with two of her best college friends, Danielle & Brenda

Jenna Walter - the progam attendant
Rev. & Mrs. Joe David Davolt Jr.

Martha & her two sisters, Mandy & Aytha


Jenna




This is exactly how she pulled him down the aisle! ;-)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

The wedding photo's are wonderful. You can be proud of yourself. And your little girl is darling, don't you hate that they growup so fast.

Kara Plank said...

The picures are beautiful. From what I can see, you did a wonderful job!