Friday, February 13, 2009

Finished Object Friday

I don't have a lot of excuses for not posting much in the last few weeks. It's probably more the blah-ness of winter that has set in. (I don't mind the cold/snow leading up to Christmas, but after that I want sunshine!)

Anyhow... the biggest news around here is that Ryleigh turned three on Monday. She is so proud of the fact that she's now "free"! I'll hopefully get a chance to post a little more about her within the next few days. In the meanwhile, I'll show you my finished objects.


The first one is Ryleigh's birthday cake. Cake decorating is definitely not one of my strongest points, but I do enjoy trying my hand at it every now & then. This year, Ryleigh wanted a "princess" cake. Well... she happened to see a picture of one really similar to this & so I agreed to do it (plus, it looked like it would be fairly easy to do). Well, it wasn't as easy as it looked & I did have some struggles with it, but the best part was that she was delighted with it!

Ryleigh really enjoys doing crafty things (hmmm... wonder where she gets that?), so I decided to help her make some thank you notes to send to people who gave her birthday presents this year. We both had a lot of fun making these really easy cards & I was shocked when she posed for a picture beside them!

2 comments:

Charity said...

Cute cake... and cards! Darling little girl! :) Thanks for sharing!

Heidi Boos said...

Wow! I'm super impressed with your cake, and I adore the handprint thank you cards. My daughter will turn 3 in April, so I might just have to "borrow" that idea.