Wednesday, December 01, 2010

December Daily: Day 1

Something I've wanted to do with my kids is an Advent calendar. There are lots of cute ones out there, but this one caught my eye a couple of years ago when I saw it on Ali's blog and I've been wanting to make one ever since. This year, my kids are at just the right ages to start enjoying it, so I've been working frantically to try to get this done & put up before today. Unfortunately, I wasn't quite as prepared as I wanted to be because I was still attaching them to the wall at lunchtime. It took me a lot longer to put them up than I had anticipated, but I'm really happy with the results. The kids are all excited & their very first Christmas activity was getting to set up "their" Nativity set.


4 comments:

Andrea said...

I'm SO glad you're back!! I was hoping that just maybe December Daily would get you back on the www :)
I've never seen the advent calendar done like that, I think you did a really great job! I'm assuming you're using some sort of removable adhesive?

mama2ryleigh said...

Lol...I used thumbtacks. Not sure if it was the smartest thing to do, but I guess I'll have to deal with that later.

Raylin said...

Glad you are back! I missed you! :)

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG AND LOVE YOUR DECEMBER POSTS AND PICS. LOVE YOUR ADVENT CALENDAR. HUGS TO ALL. ENJOY EACH MOMENT OF THIS BEAUTIFUL SEASON. LOVE YOU ALL. AUNT BARB