Friday, February 08, 2008

Happenings


I know I have not blogged in forever... mostly because we've been so busy getting ready for & then recovering from our annual youth convention, but also partly because I just haven't felt like it. Not a good excuse, I know. Ryleigh's 2nd birthday is this weekend, & since Steph & Glenn (Jeff's sister & brother-in-law) were going to be stopping in on their way to Florida, we decided to go ahead and have her birthday party a little early. She has been looking forward to her birthday for several weeks, now, so we were excited to see her reaction to a birthday party. I couldn't believe it when, the morning of her party, she woke up sick. Other than a cold or a cough every now & then, Ryleigh is rarely sick, but this was the miserable puking/diarrhea type of illness! I was afraid we were going to have to cancel the party, but she seemed to feel better as the day progressed, so we went ahead with it & it ended up being a success after all!


Ryleigh & Kaitlynn were having fun "hiding" behind the door!

The ladybug cake that I made for Ryleigh. I'm by no means a pro at cake decorating, but this was a lot of fun & not too hard to do. Best of all, Ryleigh loved it!

5 comments:

David and Rachel said...

Happy 2nd Birthday Ryleigh!
That is an adorable cake!

sankey family said...

Yes, great job on the cake. And I love Ryleigh's outfits and her hair - you always dress her so adorable. Happy Birthday, Ryleigh!

Luanna Joy Wright said...

Happy Birthday!

I hope you had a good one! :)

Luanna Wright

Springer Family said...

You did an awesome job on the cake!!
Happy Birthday, Ryleigh!! Have fun being two!!

Stephanie said...

These pictures are adorable! Also, lovely job on the cake...